BBQ Cookoff Information
512-461-2011 (call or text)
Lexington Homecoming BBQ Cook-off
BBQ COOK-OFF SPONSORS
BBQ COOK-OFF RULES & ENTRY FORMS
Please print all forms for your review. You must complete an entry form and sign the disclaimer. Entries can be mailed or dropped off at the Lexington Chamber office. If no one is in the office, please put the entry form and payment in an envelope and drop them in the Chamber mail slot on the front door.
Pre-paid entries must be received no later than April 24 to ensure that we receive them in the mail by the following week. After April 24, there will be an additional $20 late-fee added for your entry. The late charge is only charged once regardless of number of categories entered. We are not responsible for lost mailed entries and you will be required to pay at time of check-in if entries were mailed late.
Please make checks/money orders payable to: Lexington Chamber of Commerce
IMPORTANT TEAM INFO:
- LIMITED camper/RV parking.
- Team spaces will be assigned.
- Unauthorized team setup may be asked to move by BBQ staff.
- All teams should report to Kevin Allen upon arrival (Call/Text 512-461-2011)
- No RV hookups are available. Teams may bring personal generators.
- There is limited electricity/water hookups available on the front lot.
"LIKE" US ON FACEBOOK
For Updates and News on the BBQ Cook-Off, please 'Like' our Lexington Homecoming BBQ Cook-Off page on Facebook.
BBQ COOK-OFF AWARDS & AUCTION INFORMATION
At approximately 4:00 pm on Saturday during the awards presentation, the Chamber will auction off to the highest bidder, the top 5 placing entries for Chicken, Pork Ribs and Brisket. The proceeds generated from the BBQ Auction will go to the Lexington Chamber of Commerce to be used for scholarship awards and operating expenses for Homecoming and future events. Everyone is welcome to attend the awards ceremony and auction and anyone can bid on the meat of their choosing.
BBQ AUCTION RULES
- Auction bidders (Buyer) should ensure that the Auctioneer and staff acknowledge that they are bidding on an item.
- The Buyer should clearly indicate their full name and/or company to the BBQ Staff for recognition. The Buyer's name or company will be written on an Auction certificate that will be used to obtain the meat that was purchased.
- Immediately after the BBQ auction ends, the Buyer should proceed to the Chamber building to pay for the meat that was purchased.
- Once the Buyer pays for the winning meat, a certificate will be handed to the Buyer. The Buyer should proceed to the team's cooking spot, present the certificate to the chief cook or cooking team member to obtain their fully cooked meat. BBQ Staff will assist the Buyer in locating the team's spot if needed.
- Once the meat is obtained by the Buyer, the chief cook or team member should go to the Chamber office with the Buyer's certificate to obtain their prize money. Checks can be made out to include either a specific person's name or cooking team name. The Chamber will not provide cash as prize money or cash any prize checks.
- The Buyer should indicate to BBQ Staff if they wish to receive an invoice for tax purposes.
PREVIOUS YEARS BBQ COOKOFF RESULTS